These delicious oatmeal cookies ice-cream sandwich are simple to make and fast to eat. Home-made cookies and store-bought ice-cream. That’s all you’ll need.
It’s better to start with wiping ice-cream or to make an ice-cream a day before as we want to assemble sandwiches straight after cookies are ready so they stay slightly chewy and warm. The other option would be just using an ice-cream without mixing with the colours.
Divide store-bought ice-cream into several different small bowls (depends on the colour’s quantity you’re planning to make). Mix quickly (it’s melting very fast) each bowl with a different colour and place back to a freezer until it gets solid for about an hour or two.
Different colours powders are available online from Misty Day Plant Potions.
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup “Edmonds” White Flour
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 to 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (depends on Extract you have)
- 3 Tbsp Soy Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Melt coconut oil and then add vanilla extract and soy milk.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand. Stirring until the mixture is very crumbly.
- Roll them into balls and then press slightly to make them flat.
- Place the rolled balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. They will be soft straight after. Leave them to cool down for 3-4 minutes.
- They should still be quite hot but just firm enough to handle.
Assembling the sandwich:
- Take you ice-cream bowls out of the freezer. Do not remove your ice cream from the freezer until this moment. It should still be quite hard as it’s melting very fast
- Scoop or shave your ice cream into chunky strips.
- Lay your chunky strips in layers (quickly now!). Press another cookie on top.
- Don’t delay. Eat immediately.